Friday, August 19, 2011

Garage sale day!

I picked Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday as the pair of days on which to hold my garage sale. I don't know whether that was the wisest choice, but it's one I'm going to live with. I opened the garage door right at nine, put the sign out front, and spent the next three hours alphabetizing the paperback fiction by author. No customers yet.

It's a really unprepossessing garage sale, to look at it. The floor is almost clean of stock: I just don't have enough stuff to sell to fill up the garage impressively. There are shelving units of different types all around the walls of the garage, most which are carrying the many, many books I've decided to put on offer. One of the shelving units is carrying a lot of the kitchen glassware and the baseball gear; the rest of the kitchen stuff is on the two end tables. My laptop (which is not for sale) and a 17" CRT monitor (which is) is on the student desk ($25). There are a few odds and ends: the reel lawn mower Frank gave me when I bought this house, my Mosquito Magnet, some jack stands and wheel ramps, and a kite. The office-reception-room-style chairs and a couple of lawn-furniture-type chairs are all that takes up the room away from the walls. The Aiwa stereo unit is tuned to sports talk, where the happy news (Jim Hendry was fired by the Cubs today) is being dissected. The weather is comfortable and I'm generally content despite the failure to dispose of any of the mass I'd hoped to lose before final packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment