Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day Zero

I thought this might be a workable way to let a maximum number of people know how the move's going.

I took a couple of CTA buses down to Midway to pick up the SUV.  On the phone, I'd been told I was going to be renting an Explorer, but when I got there, it turned out to be a GMC Acadia.  The thing looks huge in the garage, but I guess that's just a matter of perspective.  The cargo area is disappointingly small, and I'm going to have to be clever about packing.  There's the stuff we're going to need on a daily basis during the car trip, plus the stuff Carole and the dogs are going to need after I've come back to Berwyn, plus my own stuff, and I've already had to work on paring back some of the stuff I'd planned to bring: for example, I'm going to have to bring less of Carole's clothes than I'd originally intended.  Now I have to scout around for a smaller container in which to transport the dog food.  We're probably going to have to make do with bringing only one cooler, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment